This easy recipe for snickerdoodles only needs 5 ingredients and 30 minutes!
Snickerdoodles are the tastiest cookies ever in my opinion! I appreciate their simplicity, and I love the great cinnamon flavor. They are best when they are crispy around the edges but soft inside. I had been searching for an easy snickerdoodle recipe that would be soft and fluffy in texture, and I came across this one. This is now my go to recipe for snickerdoodles. I originally found it on Food.com. The contributor of the recipe credited it to Betty Crocker. Let's face it, you can't go wrong with a Betty Crocker recipe, so I decided to give it a shot. I am so glad I did, because they are were so easy to make and absolutely delicious!
1 (18 1/4 ounce) white cake mix, any brand will do.
1/2 cup of melted butter
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Since my baking sheet is not non-stick, I do the extra step of covering it in foil and spraying it with a non-stick cooking spray.
2. Mix the cake mix, melted butter, and egg in a bowl until it forms into dough.
3. Shape the dough into small 1 inches balls.
4. Mix the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl. Roll around each ball in the cinnamon sugar mixture and then place it on your tray. Place the cookies about 2 inches apart.
5. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until the cookies set. I cooked mine for closer to 12 minutes, but it varies by oven. Mine came out slightly crispy around the edges while soft and moist in the center.
6. Remove the cookies from the tray and let them cool on a wire rack or plate.
I have made these several times now and they have always been a big hit with family and friends. Not only are they tasty, but they are also the simplest cookies you will ever make! Do you have a better snickerdoodle recipe that is even more simplistic? Let us know.